Automated Volume & Performance Test Analyst (Functional & Non-Functional)
We are a software development company that provides solutions to the healthcare market and we are seeking a talented individual to join our development team as an automation test analyst with a focus on load and performance testing.
The successful candidate will be working with our development team which practices agile development and will be responsible for helping to automate and test new features and maintain and enhance existing tests to ensure high quality of our core product which is used by healthcare organisations throughout the UK.
The person we are looking for will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of our automated tests and V&P based tests using industry standard tools. The automated V&P tester will provide testing expertise and framework skills across web, mobile and database platforms. You will also be involved in planning and execution of V&P testing across the company’s product offering through integration testing.
Any experience of V&P testing across cloud based solutions will be seen as advantageous.
- A strong focus on quality with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to demonstrate a dynamic and enthusiastic approach to software testing.
- Able to take the point of view of the customer or end-user of the software.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal and the ability to communicate to technical
(development team) and non-technical (management team) people in the organisation.
- Ability to demonstrate patience and diplomacy.
- Good judgement skills.
- Ability to deliver under tight deadlines.
- Pro-activeness and confidence in making decisions.
Positively influence fellow team members.
- Ability to understand the software development process lifecycle and how it fits in with the business approach and goals of the business.
- Has a desire to learn new skills and further enhance in the field of testing.
- Create and maintain V&P based tests using tooling / scripts.
- Define and maintain testing boundaries within our QA environments.
- Working closely with the test data analyst to define test data requirements.
- Support the creation of automated test scripts using Selenium WebDriver and Java.
- Maintain and enhance existing automated test plans / scripts.
- Experience in design, implementation and execution of load, performance, volume and scalability tests using industry standard tools.
- Experience in identifying performance bottlenecks and making recommendations for performance tuning.
- Experience of using Continuous Integration Tools such as TeamCity/Azure DevOps.
- Experience of Automated API testing using the Rest Assured library.
- Good TSQL experience.
- Contribute to continually improving test processes and techniques.
- Exposure to testing within the IT health sector (desirable).
- ISEB/ISTQB qualification
- Computing/IT related Bachelor’s Degree (desirable)
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org