Data Migration Specialist
An exciting opportunity to join a forward-thinking expanding software company to help in their data migration work with NHS Organisations that are sharing clinical data for shared care and business intelligence.
We are looking for Data Migration Specialists to help our integration team to work with our NHS customers to ensure that the quality of data that is shared is of a high standard.
Duties and responsibilities
- Meet with NHS clients or management to understand data migration requirements and needs.
- Strategize and plan the moving of data and converting content as necessary, against pre-defined data specifications while considering risks and potential impacts.
- Audit existing data systems and deployments and identify errors or areas for improvement.
- Cleanse or translate data so that it can be effectively moved between systems, apps, or software.
- Oversee the direct migration of data, which may require minor adjustments.
- Test the new system after the migration process as well as the resulting data to find errors and/or points of corruption.
- Document everything from the strategies used to the exact migration processes put in place—including documenting any fixes or adjustments made.
- Develop and propose data migration best practices for all current and future projects.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and guidelines for all migrated data.
Skills and experience
- Knowledge of HL7 message structure
- Knowledge of SLQ DB, PowerShell
- Strong attention to detail in order to evaluate data for accuracy and errors.
- The ability to problem-solve under pressure and in complex situations.
- A methodical and logical approach to planning and organization
- The ability to clearly communicate with team members.
- Excellent time management skills and a goal-oriented personality
- A strong understanding of data protection and data governance
- A commitment to growth and an interest in professional development as the IT industry grows.
- A thorough understanding of database systems and software
- A willingness to work long hours, often beyond what some would consider “standard”.
- The ability to work productively in an office environment.
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to email@example.com