We are a software development company that provides solutions to the healthcare market and we are seeking a talented and enthusiastic individual to join our Data Architecture team as a Data Modeller.
The Data Modeller is responsible for the development of conceptual and logical data models to meet the needs of the rich health and social care data within the company’s core products. A variety of data models are utilised ranging from UML, FHIR, HL7v2 through to spreadsheets and other structured forms.
As a data modeller you will be proficient with working with data models, data dictionaries and other formalisms to ensure robust definition of both new and existing data structures.
Data exists in many forms and as such the mapping of data between different model representation is a key function. Expertise/experience in this area is required. The definition of clear and concise mapping instructions is an expected output and as such great communication skills are required.
Handling data from multiple disparate systems in a wide variety of forms requires strong analytics skills to ensure holistic solutions are developed. Supporting the development of new systems, enhancements to existing systems and the assessment of data quality across the data landscape will be an important aspect of the role.
Duties & responsibilities
- Creation of conceptual / logical data models.
- Creation of data models to represent existing systems.
- Analysing and translating business needs into long-term solution data models.
- Creation & maintenance of data dictionaries for data models.
- Maintenance/creation of documentation for mapping data in & out of common data models
- Contribution to the development of modelling best practices, quality criteria and development processes
- Collaborative engagement with data architects, developers and business teams to realise high quality product development.
- Proactively work to establish and maintain standard data architecture approaches to ensure consistency and good practice across systems
- Identify and support the resolution of blockers escalating these as appropriate.
- Create and maintain a library of content accessible by other areas of the organisation.
Education, experience & skills
- Excellent English is essential.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of Healthcare and/or Clinical systems (Desirable).
- Demonstrable experience of creating, maintaining and describing data models
- Strong knowledge of the management of metadata and modelling assets
- Experience of creating/maintain concise, clear documentation for mapping data between models
- Excellent analytic skills to translate business requirements in models
- Good organisational skills and initiative
- Ability to work alongside internal and external stakeholders
- Flexibility and ability to rapidly address business changes and new projects
- Troubleshooting and support of wider development/implementation teams
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to email@example.com