Homebased/Milton Keynes - willing to travel within the UK with occasional overnight stays
We are a rapidly growing team and are looking for a candidate with strong enterprise architecture skills to lead a small team of architects shaping the future architecture of our shared record solution.
You will be responsible for leading the architecture team and introducing a more formal architecture practice within the organisation. You will help shape the team and develop their skills in the solution and software architecture disciplines.
- As a natural influencer you will build relationships with key stakeholders at all levels across the business, supporting strategic decision making at all levels.
- Able to demonstrate passion about the role of enterprise architecture and sell the benefits of a structured delivery methodology to senior stakeholders.
- A clear communicator, you will be able to convey complex technical information concisely, and tailored to the audience to ensure common understanding, and gain buy-in for the delivery approach.
- A methodical and analytical individual, who is able to synthesise complex requirements, and identify strategic re-usable building-blocks to underpin a flexible and responsive architecture for our core product set.
- Able to deliver under tight deadlines, a self-motivated, proactive individual able to balance architectural “purity” with pragmatism to maintain the pace of delivery for our customers.
- You will be leading and developing the architecture team, and shaping a the architecture practice within the organisation.
- You will put in place processes, templates, and developing the architectural governance processes to develop our strategic architecture principles, and ensure solutions are developed in-line with business objectives.
- You will support technical evaluations and review new customer and strategic requirements to guide the delivery approach, and will maintain an overall architecture runway to support the delivery within the wider scaled agile delivery approach used within the SystemC and Graphnet alliance.
- Working closely with the product team to understand the product roadmap and determine the architectural runway items to underpin that roadmap, in collaboration with the technical director and CTO.
- You will use techniques such as formal EA models to capture and maintain a knowledge base, and present views to key stakeholders including the technical director, CIO and CEO to show progress against strategic business objectives.
- When needed, you will be capable of being “hands-on” and directly supporting technology assessments, vendor selections and technical proof-of-concepts for emerging problem domains or pressing business programmes.
- Experience in developing and leading technology/architecture teams
- Strong decision making, judgment and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of EA/Architecture frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, PEAF, Zachman)
- Excellent knowledge of design patterns, Archimate and UML
- Comprehensive knowledge of architectural and technical governance
- Extensive experience of cloud architecture best practices, ideally with a focus on the Azure cloud platform
- Understanding of security management, governance and risk
- Proven track record of leading the delivery of innovative technical solutions
- Experience working in a customer-facing role
- Excellent communication, stakeholder management and presentation skills
- Degree or equivalent
- Experience working with clinicians and health professionals
- Experience of working in an agile development environment
- Experience of working with distributed teams, including offshore development partners
- Knowledge of CI/CD methodologies and tools
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to email@example.com