The Integration Specialist will work within the Programmes team covering release testing, deployment, support and upgrades aspects of the allotted Projects. The role will involve liaison with customer technical teams and internal Graphnet areas such as development.
- Through liaison with NHS staff and IT professionals, the role will be to assist the organisations with the planning, enhancing and implementation of interfaces.
- To provide dynamic and creative Interfaces skills to contribute to the successful implementation of allocated projects
- To provide a point of contact for communication and liaison between defined customer project stakeholders and the company for allocated projects
- Support deployments through a detailed knowledge of the HL7 and its use to support NHS workflows
- Lead the Integration Workstream on deployment projects reporting into the project manager
- Liaise with other project workstreams, where interdependencies exist, to ensure that decisions taken support the integration deliverables. Feed any decision taken within the workstream back into these other groups
- Provide regular status reports to identified staff to ensure continued tracking of workstream progress
- Record and track issues relating to the Integration Workstream and escalate to project staff where appropriate. Provide issue resolution and alternative solution paths.
- Provide/support client with appropriate documentation/templates e.g. integration strategy, HL7 specification, “to be” integration architecture, workstream plan, gap analysis document etc
- Working with the client, undertake a gap analysis exercise to identify and ensure the current messaging sets can absorb all current /future operational procedures and data requirements
- Where gaps have been identified raise change request notices and report back to project on progress
- Working with the client, undertake “as is” and “to be” workshops to identify work required implementing solution being deployed.
- Work with the client to identify and document the requirements around any 3rd party interoperability to be delivered within the scope of the project
- Support the client in the development of their “to be” architecture.
- Where required develop interfaces using a range of industry standard Interface Engines (e.g. Rhapsody and Ensemble)
- Support unit and end-to-end testing of interfaces
- Support the testing of new and maintenance product solution releases
- Identify, investigate and where appropriate escalate software issues and assist with resolution
- Assist with integration solution testing to ensure fit for purpose and go live
- Ensuring ITIL process is followed for all Incidents
- Ensuring regular and timely updates are made to the customer / other internal teams via the issue management tool
- Incident and problem management, making use of proactive monitoring tools to provide early warning and resolution of issues.
Knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of HL7, file extract formats, and using APIs is essential.
- Must have proven experience in working within healthcare software deployment projects to meet project deadlines, liaising with suppliers on source data specifications and identifying/tracking/resolving issues.
- Must have previous experience in working with interface engines to process, monitor and support end to end messaging/data solutions.
Policy and strategy
- Liaise with and identify the impact on customer organisations of any changes to working processes or information flows engaging them in business change, training
- Prepare regular project reports as directed by the programme and local customer forums
- Maintain relationships with key resources in all areas of the company to ensure consistent approach to the delivery of quality products.
- Extensive UK travel will be required.
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to email@example.com