A leading healthcare software company is seeking an IT apprentice / junior IT support analyst to join their team based in Milton Keynes. The role will involve providing general IT support for multiple stakeholders via telephone, e-mail and face to face.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has a passion for IT or someone looking for an entry level support role in IT. The ideal candidate will be someone who wishes to grow and learn in the role, who is hard-working and focussed. Training will be provided for the right candidate.
Purpose & main responsibilities
- Assist with providing 1st and 2nd line helpdesk support on a daily basis.
- Responsible for ensuring that all IT helpdesk requests are logged / triaged using helpdesk software.
- Assist with the production of user documentation / wikis.
- Assist with the maintenance of our internal infrastructure and networks.
- Responsible for escalating support requests to an appropriate team member as and when required.
- Contribute to the smooth running of an out of hours IT support rota.
- Assist with ensuring that software updates and patches are applied to all PC’s when required.
- Proactively react to any issues or problems detected whilst running antivirus software and taking the necessary actions.
- Responsible for the upkeep of the IT Asset Register, including hardware, software, audio visual and telephone systems.
- Assist with the implementation of IT projects as and when required.
- Contribute to the policing of IT quality standards throughout the firm.
- Assist the IT Services team by carrying out training duties as and when required.
Education and experience
Key Skills Required
• You need to have some experience of supporting IT in a controlled environment.
• Understands computing fundamentals.
• Comfortable in troubleshooting software / hardware issues.
• GCSE / College Leaver or equivalent.
• Strong communication skills in order to successfully explain IT concepts to non-technical colleagues at all levels of the organisation.
• Professionalism and a willingness to work under close guidance and supervision.
• Attention to detail.
Desirable but not essential
• IT support for 1+ year.
• IT Qualification e.g. CompTIA / A+, Network +, ITIL.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365.
• Skype for Business / Microsoft Teams.
• Video and Phone Conferencing.
• Mobile Devices / Mobile Device Management.
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org