Population Health Analytics Product Owner
Milton Keynes or Homebased
Product Director Population Health
Graphnet is software house providing clinical software solutions to the healthcare sector and is seeking a permanent Analytics Product Owner to expand the Population Health Analytics Team. The Population Health function is committed to improving the health of the United Kingdom via the use of innovative, integrated analytics as decision support for both clinicians and managers.
The role will collaborate closely with all internal and customer stakeholders to build market leading Population Health solutions. The person will be required to take on a variety of analytics product ownership, development line management, scrum master, hands on software development, data analysis and building data visualisations.
The role will require the individual to be flexible and will involve some travel to customer sites. The Population Health Analytics Team works closely with the Shared Care Records and Personal Health Record development teams following an agile development methodology.
- Product owner and scrum master for of the CareCentric BI Population Health solution
- Close liaison with the Product Director
- Line management of analytics developers
- Prioritisation of support and development tasks via sprint planning
- Ensuring software quality via development standards and rigorous QA processes
- Creation of Population Health Analytics software using the Microsoft Azure cloud toolkit
- Customer support of Analytics software
- Planning and estimation of development tasks
- Liaising with domestic and offshore development teams within Graphnet and across the wider Alliance
- Liaising with customers in the design and scoping of Analytics software
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage, influence, negotiate and collaborate with a variety of stakeholders with often conflicting priorities and requirements.
- Strong organisational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience of working with Microsoft Azure or Microsoft SQL server toolsets
- 5+ years Business Intelligence or analytics development experience of using Microsoft SQL Server including:
- Writing advanced SQL
- Integration Services
- General DBA work including performance tuning
- Skills in relational database design and development
- Practical experience of modern data visualisation tools e.g. Microsoft Power BI
- Experience of designing and developing complex reports and reporting systems for end users
- Working in a professional development environment using source control, agile development, coding standards and formal QA processes
- Demonstrable understanding of Scrum and Agile (SAFE) methodologies.
- Product ownership and agile scrum master experience
- Line management skills
- Knowledge of or work experience within health or social care informatics
- Experience of Population Health Analytics such as risk stratification and demand modelling.
- Experience of remote working in a geographically dispersed team
- Experience of working with Microsoft Azure services
- Ability to select and use a range of services across the whole Microsoft Azure platform according to functional and architectural requirements
- Experience of working with customers to design analytics applications such as dashboards and reports.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in related subject (desirable)
- Able to demonstrate leadership skills
- Passionate about your craft and love of sharing knowledge
- Able to demonstrate a dynamic and enthusiastic approach to software development
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Aptitude to quickly grasp new concepts and information
- Ability to use a varied set of technical platforms and components to deliver versatile and robust software
- Pro-activeness and confidence in making decisions
- Positively influence fellow team members
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org