Population Health Analytics QA Analyst
Milton Keynes or home-based (UK)
Graphnet Health are seeking a QA Analyst to expand the Population Health Analytics Team. The role is permanent, and it involves working with a highly experienced and passionate team supporting a wide range of health and care organisations to improve the health of their populations. The person will be responsible for implementing and carrying out Quality Assurance on the Population Health products to drive up the quality of the software and to ensure outstanding quality in fit for purpose products to our customers. The role will also be responsible for contributing design input and implementing a new cutting-edge, automated data validation solution for both internal and customer environments to ensure data quality and completeness. The role will require the individual to work with all parts of the Population Health Team and will have a key role in the product release pipeline. We are looking for individuals who learn quickly, have a passion for health and care and have enthusiasm for working in a challenging and dynamic environment.
Population Health Analytics is a huge growth area for Graphnet. We have customer solutions holding billions of records and use entirely cutting-edge Microsoft Azure cloud technology to deliver our services.
The role will require the individual to be flexible and may involve travel to customer sites within the UK.
- Take ownership of the QA process, planning, tracking, and reporting of test executions for defined product releases
- Build and maintain an effective, cutting-edge, automated data validation process for live customer environments
- Perform accurate manual Functional, Non-Functional, System Testing and Regression tests
- Create, maintain, and enhance existing automated test plans/scripts
- Development and execution of test cases and workflow scenarios, recording outcome of tests, escalation of defects and identified opportunities for product improvement
- Collaborating with members of the development team to provide QA feedback and drive up product quality e.g. exploration and resolution of defects identified
- Collaborating with other software testers and implementation staff to facilitate the testing of Graphnet and where required, third party integrated software
- Assist in the development and instigation of protocols and procedures to improve the quality of our software
- Assist the development and consultancy teams in investigating and resolving problems with software
- Other Duties – as required by the team from time to time.
- Understanding of software testing techniques and QA processes
- Experience diagnosing, reporting, tracking and resolving data quality and software issues
- Experience with databases, with hands on knowledge of SQL
- Experience with data analysis and business intelligence/data visualisation software, Power BI (or similar)
- Experience developing test scripts and test cases both automated and manual
- Experience using a professional Test Management system e.g. Quality Centre, Quality Manager, Jira
- Experience of working within a team of software testers and data analysts in a software development environment
- Ability to work in a structured environment e.g. with defined test cases and an aptitude to think more widely about the context of such work and broader interdependencies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral).
- Experience of quality assurance and data validation of analytics and business intelligence products
- Knowledge of or work experience within the health or social care sectors
- With knowledge of health and/or social care data sets and clinical coding
- Experience of remote working in a geographically dispersed team
- Knowledge of the end to end software development life cycle
- Experience of working in an Agile Scrum team.
- ISEB Foundation/ISTQB qualification in Software Testing
- A Bachelor’s Degree in related subject (desirable).
- Passionate and enthusiastic about your craft with a love of sharing knowledge
- Analytical, data-oriented with a sharp eye for detail
- Ability to organise, co-ordinate and prioritise day to day workloads in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work through problems, identify and implement robust solutions quickly and independently
- Ability to use a varied set of technical platforms and components
- Ability to positively influence fellow team members
- Aptitude to quickly grasp new concepts and information
- Methodical and thorough approach to problem solving
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Pro-activeness and confidence in making decisions
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org