Population Health Data Analyst
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work within the Graphnet Population Health analytics team as a data analyst. The Population health analytics team works at the forefront of the exciting transformation agenda within health and care, delivering population analytics solutions that allow health and care organisations to plan health and care services based on the true needs of their populations. The data analyst works closely with the population health analytics team and uses cutting edge Azure technology to create dynamic analytics for use by health and care professionals.
- Supporting the delivery and implementation of CareCentric population health product into health and care organisations.
- Work on customer sites as required.
- Work with the Graphnet population health consultant team to design and develop analytical tools to meet customer / national requirements.
- Support end users in developing their own analytics capability.
- Support customers in developing analytical reporting and tools that measure benefits of health and care interventions.
- Engage with clinicians and care professionals to understand analytical requirements.
- Create supporting documentation and training documentation for end users.
- Train end users in the use of tools.
- Perform second line support for analytical tools and use case dashboards.
- Test and quality assure analytics solutions.
- Undertake project support tasks as required
Experience and skills
- Experience of using SQL databases and writing SQL queries to analyse databases to an intermediate level.
- Some knowledge and experience of creating analytical visualisations and dashboards.
- Experience of data validation and data interpretation.
- Good numerical skills and good attention to detail.
- Experience in translating requirements into analytics.
- Some knowledge of statistical techniques and the application of data science.
- Knowledge of the health and care domain including policy, data flows and reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of NHS data sets and informatics currencies covering GP data sets, acute data sets including SUS data, community, mental health and social care.
- Knowledge of information governance rules and requirements within health and care.
- Knowledge of risk stratification, population segmentation and outcomes analysis.
- Experience of creating dashboards and reports in Microsoft Power BI.
- Some knowledge of cloud environments and Microsoft Azure functionality.
- Previous experience of working within a health or care organisation.
- Experience of testing software.
- Some knowledge of agile development methodologies.
- Knowledge of health economics.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in related subject (desirable).
- Passion about your craft and love of sharing knowledge.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Aptitude to quickly grasp new concepts and information.
- Pro-activeness and confidence in making decisions.
- Self-starter who can work independently and in team environments.
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org