The QA manager will promote Built-In quality practices that ensure that each component, at every increment, meets appropriate quality standards throughout the development lifecycle. They will have a strong focus on continuous improvement and, in doing so, encourage a shift-left approach to testing and a DevOps culture. Further, the QA manager has personal responsibility for coaching direct reports, resolving impediments and actively evolving the systems in which QA analysts and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
Take ownership of QA processes and continuous improvement of QA at all levels, which includes defining and executing consistent and repeatable processes for isolated and end-to-end testing.
You will collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure QA test environments are fit for purpose, maintained and available to support Agile QA, Integration testing, Regression testing, Automated Testing, Performance Testing, Stress/Load testing, and Security testing. Manage and coordinate any third-party testing and interfaces to third party test systems, e.g. SSO, witness testing, external penetration testing, etc.
You will also motivate and coach QA staff and leads to deliver high levels of effectiveness. Where necessary, feedback to the appropriate teams in other areas so they too can help improve the quality of each software release.
- Provide necessary definition, development and deployment of our product quality assurance strategy, addressing all phases of product development.
- Develop and manage quality assurance metrics for performance improvement of all teams.
- Provide process and technical leadership in all aspects of QA.
- Track and develop test environments required for QA.
- Monitor and seek to guarantee the availability of test environments.
- Define and drive continuous improvement plans across the QA function.
- Ensure consistent standards of quality of test case definitions across all teams.
- Take ownership of the test automation strategy and approach to maximise the benefit of test automation.
- Coach individual team members, as required, to drive up delivery capabilities.
- Take ownership of defining the scope, planning, tracking and reporting of release testing, ensuring sufficient test coverage is achieved for each release.
- Monitor the pipeline of QA work and collaborate with Product Owners and RTE’s to ensure planned QA activity does not exceed available resource capacity.
- Report standard quality metrics showing quality levels and trends across each product.
- Develop and maintain product level expertise in key areas such as the next gen CareCentric and Photia platform.
- Provide hands-on product testing (where needed) to assist in delivering planned QA activities for product releases.
- Promote positive communication of management initiatives. Identify and discourage openly negative communication which has the potential to impact morale. Offer a listening ear to any concerns in a private setting where it will not impact on the team.
- Support and coach members of the QA and SME team including the preparation and delivery of staff performance evaluations and career development activities.
- Ensure QA tracking and reporting is executed and evidenced to meet ISO9001 audit requirements.
- Any other activities in support of the business which can reasonably be expected to fall within the capabilities of the employee.
Education & Experience
While it is accepted that the individual education and experience profile for QA Managers will vary, the following is provided as a guideline.
- B.Sc. or equivalent in a software engineering related discipline.
- Professional qualifications appropriate to software Quality Assurance, e.g. ISEB/ISTQB.
- Significant Software QA experience with excellent knowledge of current best practise in the industry.
- Excellent leadership skills and extensive experience in successfully delivering software development projects to high-quality standards.
- Good understanding of principles, theories, practices and techniques for managing activities involved in planning and delivering software projects.
- Experience of collaborating and influencing cross-functional teams in the successful delivery of software projects.
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org