QA Support Analyst
We are a software development company that provides solutions to the healthcare market and we are seeking a talented individual to join our development support team as a QA test analyst. The role will have a focus on testing any issues resolved by the development team in our core web application and data platform.
The successful candidate will be working with the development support team and will be responsible for automating and testing features and maintaining and enhancing existing test cases to ensure high quality of our core product used by healthcare organisations throughout the UK.
- A strong focus on quality with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to demonstrate a dynamic and enthusiastic approach to software testing.
- Able to take the point of view of the customer or end-user of the software.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal and the ability to communicate to technical
(development team) and non-technical (management team) people in the organisation.
- Ability to demonstrate patience and diplomacy.
- Good judgement skills.
- Ability to deliver under tight deadlines.
- Pro-activeness and confidence in making decisions.
- Positively influence fellow team members.
- Ability to understand the software development process lifecycle and how it fits in with the business approach and goals of the business.
- Has a desire to learn new skills and further enhance in the field of testing.
Experience and skills required
- Create Automated tests Scripts using Selenium WebDriver and Java (minimum 2 years’ experience).
- Maintain and enhance existing automated test plans / scripts.
- Good understanding of TestNG
- Good understanding of Page Object Model with Page Factory
- Good understanding of Maven
- Experience of using Continuous Integration Tools such as TeamCity.
- Experience of Manual API testing and volume and performance testing
- Experience of Automated API testing using the Rest Assured library
- Hands on experience with InteliJ IDE
- Create/modify test data using SQL
- Perform accurate manual Functional, Non-Functional, System Testing and Regression tests.
- Document, investigate and log any errors during test execution and work closely with developers in resolving defects.
- Design comprehensive test cases and scripts from business rules/functional requirements.
- Update and maintain manual regression test script packages.
- Contribute to continually improving test processes and techniques.
- Exposure to testing within the IT health sector (desirable).
Advantageous but not essential
- Azure Services (Functions, Storage, App Service, API Management)
- Messaging concepts at enterprise scale e.g. service bus, event hubs, MSMQ
- Active Directory including Azure AD and Azure B2B / B2C
- Integration Engines (BizTalk, Rhapsody)
- Raven DB NOSQL Document DB
- Healthcare software development
- Knowledge of HL7 data and other healthcare messaging standards
- Knowledge of ETL methodologies
Qualifications in one or more of the following
- A degree in IT, Computer Science or related discipline
- Microsoft certification in web development or Azure based certification
- CompTIA certifications in networks
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org