Release and Deployment Specialist
Graphnet Health are seeking a permanent Deployment and Release Lead as part of a growing Population Health Analytics Team. We have an increasing customer base, using multiple complex products creating a need for this new and exciting opportunity within the team. The focus of this post is to be responsible for the deployment of the Population Health Analytics software to both internal and customer environments. This will include administration and documentation associated with release of the software. The person will be required to perform customer installs and upgrades of various Population Health Analytics products, including Azure SQL databases, ADF and SSIS, Power BI reports, web applications and additional supporting software. The user will also have responsibility for maintaining releases in source control, following company-wide AGILE release processes.
Whilst this is not primarily a technical role; with attention to detail and a methodical, well organised approach to work being the key attributes, a good grasp of the purpose and application of the technologies utilised and a willingness to pick up a certain amount of technical know-how would prove advantageous.
Our Population Health Analytics team in supporting a wide range of regional and national projects to improving the health of the population. The current worldwide COVID-19 crisis has proved that utilising timely data and insight can help save lives. Our team has been in the thick of things developing analytics solutions to help manage the crisis. Our team are highly experienced and passionate about health and care; using technology to help improve the health and care of the nation. This role provides the successful candidate the chance to contribute to Population Health Analytics programmes throughout the country.
- Management of Source Control
- Cutting Software releases according to AGILE process.
- Managing releases and upgrade process via JIRA
- Scheduling and performing internal and customer installs and upgrades of core software.
- Deploy and maintain supporting Customer software (Web application, Power BI Gateway, 3rd party application embedded functionality)
- Deploy Power BI reports, and reporting solutions (Premium and Embedded)
- Maintaining and expanding Auto-Deployment using DevOps deployment pipelines
- Initiate improvements in deployment process
- Producing and maintaining thorough documentation
Experience, education and skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of source control standards (GIT, DevOps)
- Working in a professional development environment using AGILE methodology
- Experience of working with various stakeholders to prioritise work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage, influence, negotiate and collaborate with a variety of stakeholders at all levels in the business.
- Self-starter, highly proactive and assertive in a demanding and dynamic environment;
- Ability to create and improvement upon detailed and complex processes.
- Excellent documentation and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of or work experience with health or social care data
- Practical experience of using Microsoft Azure portal
- Experience using Microsoft SQL stack (Azure SQL preferred)
- Experience performing database upgrades using Publish scripts / DACPAC or DevOps deployment pipelines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure tools including:
- Power Apps
- Resource management templates
- Automation accounts
- Experience working with an advanced Business Intelligence product
- Experience with Power BI
- A Bachelor’s Degree in related subject (desirable)
- Passion about your craft and love of sharing knowledge.
- Aptitude to quickly grasp new concepts and information.
- Pro-activeness and confidence in making decisions.
- Ability to actively problem-solve and seek out solutions to issues.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills.
- Positively influence fellow team members.
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to email@example.com