Senior Integration Developer
Homebased - Travel to Milton Keynes/Canterbury offices
We are a software development company that provides solutions to the healthcare IT market and we are seeking a talented and experienced software integration developer to join our Integration team.
The person we are looking for will need to have 5+ years commercial development experience with a focus on integration and ETL processes ideally using cloud-based services such as Azure Data Factory and / or working with integration platforms. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong analytical skills with a flexible and creative attitude, good communication skills and a strong work ethic.
Playing an integral role in the integration team and working with analysts and architects, members of the Development team and other areas of the business, the individual will help to bridge the gap between providers and consumers of data and have a focused workload covering (but not limited to):
- Design and development of solutions to interface and integrate between components and services within our core product and platform.
- Management of data analysis and integration between systems developed in-house and integrate with third parties.
- Data load and data conversion experience including connecting and collecting information, transforming and enrichment and publishing data to source destinations such as a data platform, BI solution, or SQL Azure DB.
- Rapid prototyping & developing Proof of Concept work for integration with disparate systems.
- Technical requirement design & producing documentation.
- Performance analysis and tuning.
- Involved in scoping the testing, implementation, and subsequent maintenance of integration solutions.
- Able to work well as an individual and as part of a team.
- Take part in architectural discussions with technical / non-technical team members.
- Able to self-manage and self-motivate.
- Have a strong analytical mindset.
- An eye for detail and a desire to write quality software.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Have a desire to keep up with the latest development tools and techniques.
Experience and skills required
- Experience in application development and familiar with service-oriented architecture.
- Experience working with and creating web services, APIs and have a good understanding of SOAP /REST.
- Experience with the design and development of services and data flows from data providers to consuming applications.
- Experience with data loading and transformation using services such as Azure data factory or AWS data pipeline.
- A good understanding and experience of integration focused development utilising the following technologies:
- Azure Data Factory or similar data integration service.
- Azure Functions and Logic Apps.
- API Management / API Gateway.
- Event Grid / Managed event service.
- Azure Data Lake / Azure Synapse Analytics / Azure Databricks.
- Azure Redis Cache and Azure Storage.
- Restful API Development / Azure API Management.
- Azure AD and Azure B2B.
- Messaging concepts at enterprise scale e.g. Service Bus, Event hubs.
- Healthcare software development or Government development.
- Understanding of interoperability standards, such as HL7 and FHIR.
- Understanding of JIRA and Confluence case management / issue tracking platform.
- A degree in IT, Computer Science or related discipline.
- Enterprise software development experience.
- Microsoft certification in Azure / development advantageous.
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to email@example.com