Senior Test Lead (Contract)
Contract (Six months with scope for extension)
Overview and key responsibilities
We are a software development company that provides solutions to the healthcare market and we are seeking a talented individual to join our development team as a Senior Test Lead on a fixed contract basis with a potential of future extensions and/or possibility of permanent employment offer.
This person will be responsible for leading, co-ordinating, planning and executing testing activities for our key azure-based project. This person will lead the QA effort by example and work with our offshore resources. This will include overseeing and leading on all aspects of software QA including automated, manual and non-functional testing. This role will also involve reporting to the senior management team and QA Manager for regular progress updates.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate successful projects they have been involved with and will need to be able to hit the ground running, working closely with our QA Manager and assigned QA resources.
- Experience of managing testing activities for a defined project delivering to specified deadlines.
- Hands on experience of working with MS Azure (Azure ServiceBus, Microservices, APIs, Azure functions, SQL Azure, Azure storage).
- Experience in coordinating QA activities for an agile team whilst being hands on with the testing.
- Involved with running daily stand-ups and unblocking impediments.
- Documented experience in manual and automated testing practices.
- Excellent experience in Non-Functional testing (Performance, Load, Stress, Failover).
- Experience of testing commercial applications within a busy team atmosphere.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills both orally and in writing.
- Experience of diagnosing, reporting, tracking and resolving quality issues using a platform like JIRA.
- Will be responsible for working with Lead data architect to create and maintain test data packs.
- Knowledge of Health Care systems would be beneficial.
- Experience of working with structured data (Understanding of XML, JSON etc.).
- ISEB/ISTQB qualification
- Computing/IT related Bachelor’s Degree (desirable)
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to email@example.com