Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Homebased-Travel to Milton Keynes/Canterbury offices/ On Site visits.
We are a software development company that provides solutions to the healthcare market and we are seeking a talented individual to join our integration team as an SDET / Automation test analyst.
The successful candidate will be working with our integration team and will be responsible for helping to develop and test new features in our integrated QA environment and development platform, with a focus on integration level testing.
This is a new role, and the ideal candidate will be responsible for developing integration level tests and managing and owning the testing framework, working closely with our QA manager to get involved and aligned in our overall test strategy.
The role will include overseeing and leading on all aspects of software integration testing including automated and manual testing.
We need the right individual to boost this team and contribute to our expansion plans. The successful candidate will need to be dynamic and be able to deliver to the highest standards of test approach and methodology and be able to manage multiple projects in parallel as well as business wide programmes in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong focus on quality with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to demonstrate a dynamic and enthusiastic approach to software testing.
- Able to take the point of view of the customer or end-user of the software.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal and the ability to communicate to technical
(development team) and non-technical (management team) people in the organisation.
- Ability to demonstrate patience and diplomacy.
- Good judgement skills.
- Ability to deliver under tight deadlines.
- Pro-activeness and confidence in making decisions.
- Positively influence fellow team members.
- Ability to understand the software development process lifecycle and how it fits in with the business approach and goals of the business.
- Has a desire to learn new skills and further enhance in the field of testing.
- Create Automated tests Scripts using frameworks such as Selenium WebDriver and Java (minimum 3 years’ experience).
- Maintain and enhance existing automated test plans / scripts and identify regression testing scope and coverage for integration tests.
- Good understanding of testing platforms such as TestNG and automation tools such as Katalon studio and SOAP UI or help develop custom tools used for integration testing purposes.
- Good experience of working with build automation tools such as Maven.
- A good understanding and experience of integration focused testing utilising some of the following technologies (or equivalent in AWS):
- Azure Data Factory or similar data integration service.
- Azure Functions and Logic Apps.
- API Management / API Gateway.
- Event Grid / Managed event service.
- Azure Data Lake / Azure Synapse Analytics / Azure Databricks.
- Azure Redis Cache and Azure Storage.
- Restful API Development / Azure API Management.
- Azure AD and Azure B2B.
- Messaging concepts at enterprise scale e.g. Service Bus, Event hubs.
- Experience in design, implementation and execution of load, performance, volume and scalability tests using industry standard tools.
- Experience in identifying performance bottlenecks and making recommendations for performance tuning.
- Experience of using Continuous Integration Tools such as TeamCity/Azure DevOps.
- Experience in testing REST APIs, .NET services, web services, SOAP, proxy services and open standards such as OpenAPI, XML, XSD, WSDL.
- Hands on experience with InteliJ.
- Good SQL experience to interrogate databases as part of integration testing.
- Perform accurate manual Functional, Non-Functional, System Testing and Regression tests.
- Document, investigate and log any errors during test execution and work closely with developers in resolving defects.
- Involved in producing and writing test reports.
- Contribute to continually improving test processes and techniques.
- Exposure to testing within the IT health sector (desirable).
- ISEB/ISTQB qualification
- Computing/IT related Bachelor’s Degree (desirable)
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to email@example.com