A new opportunity has become available for a Data Analyst with NHS or public health experience to join the Population Analytics team at Graphnet Health. The position is permanent, and the data analyst will work alongside Population health Consultants and health and care organisations to create dynamic, impactful analytics which transform patient care. The Population health analytics team works at the forefront of the exciting transformation agenda within health and care, delivering population analytics solutions that allow health and care organisations to plan and target health and care interventions for their population as well as enabling the monitoring and evaluation of initiatives. Our work is high profile and innovative, and we work at high pace with our ICS partners to develop solutions to tackle NHS priorities such as Elective recovery, Long term conditions, Medicines optimisation and health equity. Improving health care and supporting good patient outcomes are our core functions of our business unit. You will use Azure SQL, Power BI to create visualisations; as well as getting involved in our growing data science work. We are seeking individuals who have NHS data set knowledge as well as the energy and enthusiasm to solve complex problems.
- Working closely with the Population Health Consultants, clinicians, and care professionals to design and produce analytical tools as solutions to support given problems.
- Building complex but easy to use data visualisations to customer requirements using Microsoft Power BI.
- Building complex measures using DAX.
- Building SQL views or stored procedures to create analytical data sets as well as querying the Population health data marts to solve data queries.
- Supporting the delivery and implementation of CareCentric population health product into health and care organisations.
- Support end users in developing their own analytics capability by hands on training and creation of supporting documentation.
- Supporting the benefits analysis of health and care interventions.
- Perform second line support for analytical tools and use case dashboards.
- Test and quality assure analytics solutions and data sets for both internal and customer facing products.
- Deploy analytical solutions to customers.
- Work on customer sites as required.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject or equivalent level / significant experience of working at a similar level in a specialist area.
- Post-graduate degree in analytical, mathematical or computer science subject or equal. (Desirable)
- 2+ years working with Microsoft SQL Server at an advanced level for data query and manipulation.
- 2+ years’ experience of creating analytical visualisations and dashboards with Microsoft Power BI, DAX, Tableau, QlikView or another modern equivalent tool.
- 2+ years’ experience working with or as part of NHS in an analytical focused role making use NHS datasets such as Primary Care, CDS, SUS, PAS and PLICS
- 1+ years’ experience using coding methodologies such as READ, SNOMED and ICD
- Clear understanding of data validation and interpretation techniques.
- Good maths and attention to detail.
- Experience in translating real world requirements into analytical reporting.
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and the application of data science.
- Knowledge of information governance rules and requirements within health and care.
- Knowledge of risk stratification, population segmentation and outcomes analysis.
- Experience of using data science language such as Python or R.
- Knowledge of health economics, public health and epidemiology.
- Experience of using Synapse or Databricks
- Understanding of the NHS commissioning landscape
- Knowledge of data science, modelling, statistical analysis including R or Python.
- Knowledge of cloud environments and Microsoft Azure functionality.
- Experience of testing and quality assurance of software.
- Experience knowledge of agile development methodologies.
- Experience of handling of large data volumes such as data tables over a billion records.
- Passion about your craft and love of sharing knowledge
- Aptitude to quickly grasp new concepts and information.
- Pro-activeness and confidence in making decisions.
- Ability to actively problem-solve and seek out solutions to issues.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills.
- Positively influence fellow team members.
Please apply in writing, sending an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org