Contact us Request demo
Link to Home

View navigation


Data Migration & Database Administrator Team Lead


An exciting opportunity to join a forward-thinking software company to become team leader of the combined data migration and DBA team within the Operations Department. We are looking for a Team Leader to be responsible for the day-to-day activities of the team. This role will be responsible for the motivation and development of staff as well as co-ordinating and assigning work on a daily basis and reporting into the Operations Director. Although this role is a Team Lead we expect the day to day co-ordination to take up no more than 20% of your daily routine, while the remaining 80% will allow the post holder to continue their normal work.

Duties and Responsibilities

  • Day to Day Co-ordination of the combined Data Migration and DBA team
  • Contribute to and deliver improvements that support the continuous improvement of processes and controls within the team,
  • Maintain individual Personal Development Plans (PDPs) for each member of the team.
  • The post holder may be required to take part in an out-of-hours system support rota (for which an additional allowance will be made).
  • Undertake any other duties of a senior level and responsibility as may be required from time to time.
  • Strategize and plan the moving of data and converting content as necessary, against pre-defined data specifications while considering risks and potential impacts.
  • Ensure that the team are able to affectively monitor system's health and performance
  • Generate traces, execution plans, identify performance issues, deadlocks/contention and resolve them.
  • Ensure high levels of performance, availability, sustainability and security.
  • To encourage and develop robust database analysis with the ability to solve and correct issues in real time.
  • Ensure reviews are conducted on a regular basis to improve / enhance the database, and that the improvements are consistent with the departmental guidelines (working closely with members of the team). Where no formal guidelines exist, work with peers to formulate and enforce such guidelines.
  • Meet with NHS clients or management to understand data migration requirements and needs.
  • Audit existing data systems and deployments and identify errors or areas for improvement.
  • Cleanse or translate data so that it can be effectively moved between systems, apps, or software.
  • Oversee the direct migration of data, which may require minor adjustments.
  • Test the new system after the migration process as well as the resulting data to find errors and/or points of corruption
  • Document everything from the strategies used to the exact migration processes put in place—including documenting any fixes or adjustments made.
  • Keep abreast of technology trends and how they apply to your area. Put forward suggestions for improvement to processes or tools where applicable.
  • Develop and propose data migration best practices for all current and future projects.
  • Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and guidelines for all migrated data.

Skills and Experience:

  • Knowledge of HL7 message structure
  • Knowledge of SLQ DB, PowerShell
  • Knowledge of Azure DB platform
  • Strong attention to detail in order to evaluate data for accuracy and errors.
  • The ability to problem-solve under pressure and in complex situations.
  • A methodical and logical approach to planning and organization
  • The ability to clearly communicate with team members.
  • Excellent time management skills and a goal-oriented personality
  • A strong understanding of data protection and data governance
  • A commitment to growth and an interest in professional development as the IT industry grows
  • A thorough understanding of database systems and software
  • A willingness to work long hours, often beyond what some would consider “standard”
  • The ability to work productively in an office environment
  • Experience of supporting and line management of staff


Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to


We’re using cookies as specified in our cookies policy to give you the best experience on our website.You can find out more about which cookies we are using or switch them off by clicking Manage settings

Accept and continueManage settings