Key features and benefits
Graphnet works in partnership with its customers to help them identify, monitor and realise benefits. The benefits of sharing data are obvious to anyone who has interacted with the NHS and social care services, either directly themselves or as someone involved in the care of relatives or friends.
The fundamental premise behind CareCentric is to use technology and accessibility to information and drive benefits for service providers, patients and those that care for them, professionally and personally. Our focus when designing solutions is to improve the quality of life for patients and support service improvement, efficiency and cost saving opportunities for care providers.
As well as improved patient experience and outcomes, CareCentric delivers a large variety of benefits, financial savings and efficiency gains:
- Reduced length of stay
- Reduced A&E attendances
- Fewer emergency admissions
- Reduced repeat tests Integrated, unified, single view of clinical data
- Improved medication and prescription management
- Improved communication and access to information – no need for patient to keep providing the same information
- A reduction in the need for, and use of, paper
- Enabling citizen access and participation in their care
- New models of clinician/patient interaction – scheduled according to need rather than pre-arranged clinic appointments
- Better outcomes for patients
CareCentric supports key government initiatives such as:
- Integrating health and social care records
- Sharing information across organisations and settings, breaking down barriers between GPs and hospitals, physical and mental health, health and social care
- Electronic access to the patient record at the point of care
- Patient accessible records to allow for patient engagement in their health and care
- The transformation of services to provide the new models of care envisaged in the ‘Five Year Forward View’
- Raising digital excellence through the Global Digital Exemplar programme. As part of the System C & Graphnet Care Alliance, we offer care communities an approved GDE blueprint, developed in partnership with University Hospitals Bristol NHS FT. This blueprint covers digital transformation within a hospital and across the care community.