CareCentric Mobile provides clinicians, care professionals and other service provider users secure access to the CareCentric solution on a range of mobile devices. The same capabilities extend this functionality to service users to access the myCareCentric Personal Health Record. This means care professionals and citizens can access data they are authorised to see, wherever and whenever they want to.
CareCentric Mobile provides secure on-line and off-line access, allowing for secure connection via Wi-Fi and mobile networks and encrypted ‘briefcase’ functionality in areas of poor network availability.
Configurable security levels allow NHS organisations to determine security protocols for CareCentric Mobile in line with national and local data security and information governance policies.
The benefits of CareCentric Mobile:
- It brings together GP, acute, community and social care records
- Provides access to documents and reports, images, laboratory and radiology results, clinical notes, coded diagnoses and procedures, and advanced clinical data including care plans and care pathways
- Holds a growing range of clinical applications embedded within the portal ranging from simple data collection forms to complex clinical applications
- It provides an engaging user experience, on a range of devices including smart phones and tablets
- Supports IOS and Android
- Designed to provide a ‘native’ user experience on each type of device
- Supports bring your own device (BYOD) approach without compromising clinical safety in terms of information display
CareCentric mobile can be supplied in three formats:
- View only allows the users to view the shared record
- View and update allows users to fill in forms and add data
- Mobile toolkit allows user organisations to develop their own applications
Key features of CareCentric Mobile:
CareCentric Mobile is designed to be highly configurable, so NHS organisations, teams and even individual users can create their own personalised workspaces.
Clinicians can organise their tasks, diary, workflow, patient lists, patient searches, alerts, and reference information to provide a highly usable ‘application hub’ or homepage, for example. They can prescribe what information they wish to see as the default view for each of their patients. Organisations can publish to staff the latest clinical and business guidelines, standard operating procedures and protocols.
CareCentric Mobile can be customised further using the same powerful but easy-to-use tools used to develop CareCentric Mobile for the design and development of new healthcare applications.
CareCentric Mobile’s workflow and rules engine allows users to create and deploy workflow rules to support collaborative working without specialist software development skills. This includes: patient tracking; handover and baton-passing of tasks; notifications; alerts; messaging between care providers.
CareCentric mobile can be easily integrated with third party applications, both by displaying other applications on a user’s homepage, and, where open APIs are used, by sharing data between compatible applications.
Configurable security levels allow NHS organisations to determine security protocols for CareCentric Mobile in line with national and local data security and information governance policies. It provides secure on-line and off-line access, allowing for secure connection via WiFi and mobile networks and encrypted ‘briefcase’ functionality in areas of poor network availability.
With CareCentric Mobile, NHS organisations have a range of controls to ensure data security and patient confidentiality, including:
- Strong data encryption technologies
- Federated security supporting industry standards for identity confirmation and user authentication
- Multi-factor authentication on the mobile device.
- Granular role-based access controls (RBAC).
- Remote management of the mobile device and CareCentric application if device is lost or stolen
CareCentric Mobile has been designed as an enterprise solution for healthcare. It is based on an n-tier architecture, which means it is robust, scalable, fast and functionally rich.
CareCentric Mobile is based on the Rapport mobile platform developed by Shearwater Systems.