myCareCentric: Electronic Personal Health Records
The myCareCentric Personal Health Record (PHR) shares health & social care data between citizens and care teams, supporting people to understand and manage their health and social needs in a digital world.
About myCareCentric Personal Health Record system
Available on desktop or mobile, the PHR provides easy to use, secure access for an individual to their shared care record data. This is complemented by localised and intuitive signposting to relevant care and wellbeing services and embedded third-party content, for example, NHS Health A-Z.
Individuals can also use myCareCentric to enter information and share it with their care teams, for example, ‘About Me’ details, Emergency Information and Contacts. Data from wearables and other, specialist third-party Apps can also be integrated and enabled on request. Data is shared in real-time with care professionals enabling them to not only monitor and manage progress, but also support personalised care planning based around the individual’s needs.
Used to its full effect, myCareCentric helps ensure that individuals are more involved in the care they are receiving; supports care teams to better engage with their patients; improves the quality of the integrated care record, all of which contribute to better overall outcomes.
- Secure access for individuals to their integrated care record data
- NHS Login supported
- Accessible from all device types, providing an engaging and intuitive user experience
- Ability for care communities to define which data to share
- Supports improved communication between patients / citizens and professionals
- Provision for uploading of supporting information, e.g., photos
- Provision of self-recorded data such as blood pressure, blood sugar and weight
- Provision of key information, including: appointment reminders/ confirmations including locations, maps etc.
- Embedded guidance, e.g., NHS problem / condition / procedure information
- Localised, intuitive signposting to relevant services and additional support.
Benefits for care professionals
- Access to richer, integrated care records. Patient contributed data, whether entered, or from wearables, or other third-party Apps, is made available to view in real-time alongside the information available from care community systems providing a single, unified record.
- Remote monitoring and management of cohorts of patients releases more time to care and the ability to provide care when needed
- Set alerts for pre-defined events, e.g., when a patient presents for an unscheduled admission a CareFlow Connect notification can be triggered.
- Proactive, fast decisions help enable appropriate treatment, reduce length of stay, or avoid unnecessary admission.
- Involve patients actively in the management of their condition, in order to help keep them healthier longer or contribute to a successful recovery.
Benefits for service users
- myCareCentric engages individuals as a proactive partner in their own care process. They are able to participate in, and control, their care management to fit better with their own wishes and individual needs.
- Links to health education information that aims to encourage and assist in maintaining compliance with the individuals care pathway.
- Assessment against their personal targets.
- Responsive care, provided when it is needed rather than according to a pre-arranged cycle of appointments and check-ups.
- Security and quality of life improvements associated with having mobile, real-time electronic care support.