Virtual Ward Solutions
Virtual wards can reduce pressure on hospital beds and offer GPs a ‘step-up’ level of care. Graphnet's virtual ward solution is used across the NHS, enabling patients to be cared for at home, enhancing integrated health and social care and promoting multi-disciplinary team working.
How the virtual ward works
Acting like a hospital at home, patients can be physically discharged to their home environment, but their care and clinical responsibility remains with the hospital until clinical discharge.
Clinicians assess patient risk to establish if it is safe to monitor the patient at home. Graphnet manages the logistics for your virtual ward, sending out the right equipment to the right place at the right time.
Our virtual wards solution:
- Enrols numerous patients quickly and easily
- Patients are closely monitored at intervals outlined by clinicians
- Generates alerts to support clinicians to manage any health concerns
- Offers seamless ‘step down’ to primary care long-term condition monitoring
- Should it be required, 'step up’ capability is available
- Patients can be discharged from virtual wards within minutes
A flexible solution for virtual wards
With many years of experience, Graphnet has successfully implemented virtual wards to support the monitoring of a number of conditions, including:
- Respiratory (COPD, asthma)
- Heart failure
- Palliative care
To find out more about or Virtual Ward Solution, get in touch with our team today.