Integrated Care Systems (ICSs) Software
Following the passage of the 2022 Health and Care Act, Integrated Care Systems (ICSs) were formalised as legal entities with statutory powers and responsibilities. ICSs comprise two key elements:
- Integrated care boards (ICBs): statutory bodies that are responsible for planning and funding most NHS services in the area
- Integrated care partnerships (ICPs): statutory committees that bring together a broad set of system partners (including local government, the voluntary, community and social enterprise sector (VCSE), NHS organisations and others) to develop a health and care strategy for the area.
There are now 42 ICSs across England, covering populations of between 500,000 to 3 million people in each.
Key aims of ICSs:
- To improve outcomes in population health and health care
- To tackle inequalities in outcomes, experience and access
- To enhance productivity and value for money
- To help the NHS to support broader social and economic development.
Graphnet’s market leading shared care record software, CareCentric, is enabling local authorities, care services, Trusts, and other organisations within Integrated Care Systems (ICS) to share and compare records. Coupled with our powerful population health tools, ICSs are then using rich data, gathered from across health and care settings, to see exactly where the gaps are in their regions. It is firmly shifting the approach from viewing to doing. It is also empowering patients by allowing them to view their own records.
So far, we have deployed our shared care record solution to ICSs covering well over 20 million residents, with more regions due to go live over the coming months.